Design and implementation of a DataModel Editor (DME) for the European Ground Station Common Core project.
The DME provides a conceptual data modeling solution which was originally developed by ScopeSET for EGS-CC (European Ground Station Common Core) but has since then been used in other ESA activities such as SVTLC, NewMOD and MARVL.
DME offers the following key functionalities:
- A lightweight UML and Ecore based datamodeling approach, combined with fully integrated constraint modelling (using OCL) which exceeds the capabilities and usefulness of current complex UML tools
- Integrated requirements editor and tracing to datamodel elements, ReqIF import (to be tailored dependiung on actual ReqIF)
- QUDV and Category support
- Powerful report generation (ICD like documents, HTML reference reports, etc.)
- Various exports to Ecore, XSD, XMI, etc.
- Model comparison / diff report
- PreValidation of DataModels through instantiation in an automatically generated tool significantly raises the quality of the DataModel.
- Dynamic and notation independent visualization of model data through generated “boxes and lines” diagrams (“Model Explorer”) significantly eases both the learning curve for a new model as well as facilitates communication about models
- Support for model partitioning, i.e. the splitting of datamodels into separate parts, read-only access to linked external elements
- Git integration
- Optional BPMN integration – with tracing cababilities between the BPM and the DataModel
This tool can be downloaded on the ESA European Space Software Repository (registration required)